Monday, December 1, 2008

11 weeks! Back from thanksgiving, talking, long road trips, and Chicago's first SNOW!






Today is my and Chicago's first snow!!! Just got back from Thanksgiving road trips yesterday...went all the way to Birmingham to Nana and Nanu's house - stayed in a hotel on the way! Watched a little tv there then kept driving. We even went to Atlanta for a night - that was really fun and I slept in the big bed with Daddy and Ammu while Nana Nanu and Granddaddy slept in the living room! Can you believe that? I am getting star treatment everywhere, even in Indianapolis! I wonder how long this will last...Highlights of trip:

1. Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Trina's house!! Micah and I played together a lot, but then he kept trying to stuff a pacifier in my mouth (which I kind of enjoyed!)

2.Hanging out with Khaled Nana (also goes by Kalo Nana or Tak Nana..not sure which one yet depends on how nice he is to me - didn't get off to a good start he kept calling me Chinese baby)

3. Waffle House and general hanging out with Granddaddy. He's the only one who insisted on washing his hands before picking me up. What's wrong with the rest of you people?? (just kidding)

4. Sleeping with Nanu in her bed the last night I was there.

5. Tio Carlos in indianapolis - I have a soft spot for tio carlos since he's the only one who seems to ever read and comment on my blog!!! (And you too Aunt Carly) He gave me this dope video player, it is going to do wonders for my blog!

6.Rockin out with Abuelita. I missed her! She kept rocking me even though Daddy kept telling her she can't, it's because she loves me!

7.Eating out at fish place in Indy with Tia Michelle and Tia Natalie. I slept in Tio Carlos' hands for the most part. In the end I got really hungry so Ammu took me to the bathroom and fed me in the handicap stall..there were lots of women in there talking about other babies. Then all of a sudden Daddy snuck into the Womens bathroom!! So we all three chilled inside the stall and listened to funny conversations while I ate.

11 comments:

  1. Did you want to note the part when daddy snuck into the women's restroom? In some states that might be illegal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. inaya, you can TALK now??? that is very impressive!!! can't wait to see what you can do at xmas!

    p.s. whoops, accidentally typed your name wrong on the last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all good aunt carly - i go by different names in different hoods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this dana omran or dana johnson? dana omran promised to buy me chuck taylors - dana johnson must be this one getting all legal and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inaya, I understood every single word you said. Yes i agree with you 100%. Ok, I will keep it to myself since you didn't want anyone else to know it- nanu

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love reading this blog.. only blog i like to read -mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. This message is for Inaya!! I'll have you know I read your blog daily!!! Sometimes 2-3 times on my iPhone!! I just haven't been able to get any farther than reading!!! I don't know why I can't comment!! Sorry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dana omran is still going to buy you chuck taylors! I love your little semi-wink with that smile by the way ;). it's going to take you far in life. so when are we going to finally meet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great video Allen & Collette. I was trying to take notes as Inaya was talking but missed some. Pretty sure she was discussing some Quantum Physics theory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abuelita said...
    Inaya, mi dulce, preciosa princesita,
    You have the most beautiful smiled I ever have seen. I love to be near you!
    It really was short but very enjoyable trip to Indy. You are the Star in our lives.. Tio flaco was happy to see you. Even Tia Natalie and Tia Michelle cooked a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner. We all were very happy watching your smiles. You are a very happy baby! Even abuelito Hugh learned to sing and rock you to sleep! You make us all so happy. get ready for your First Christmas..It is Best Time of the Year. You will agree with me. Surprises! more Surprises coming your way! We will taking a wonderful journey to Mexico. You will love all your aunts, uncles, cousins, they all very warm and they can not wait to see you!. We will be able to go for walks.
    Because it is nice and warm! They will be speaking in Spanish. But you know what?
    You will understand what they will be saying. Soon you will be speaking back to them!
    Be thinking about packing your swimming suit. We might go to Puerto Vallarta also! Get ready, we will have a blast! Te extraño Inaya mi amor, mi nietecita adorada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. COME BACK INAYA!!!!! I PROMISE I'LL BE WITTIER!

    ReplyDelete