Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1 month today







a lot has happened in the past month. first, i was delivered by my nanu! then i spent two days in the hospital where abuelita, tio carlos, carly, mama, aunt trina, micah bhaiya, granddaddy, mary, nana, khaled nana, shelly nanu, rumana dadu, rizia nanu, and harun nana all visited me. we were there for three nights and i spent one night under the UV lights before going home to nana's house in birmingham. i spent the first night at home in the placard, but after that i've spent every single night sleeping with ammu and daddy in their bed - well our bed now! on my 6th day of life we drove the entire day to chicago. abuelita stayed with me in chicago for two weeks, she sang to me and read to me and rocked me. then this past weekend i flew to north carolina for memaw's 90th birthday. i met memaw, grandmom erlene, mister charlie, miss theresa, aunt laurie, aunt christie, uncle bill, uncle anthony, and then cousins jordan, jessica, morgan, and vince! everyone was soooooo nice to me and wanted to hold me and they did - hopefully they all washed their hands first! i think grandmom erlene made sure of that. i even got some presents. memaw especially was so sweet, she held me too and before i left i slept next to her in her bed for a few minutes. oh and i was so good on all four plane segments - i didn't make a peep! when i started to make a peep ammu fed me immediately and i fell asleep (across her legs) for all four flights - just like daddy did! tio carlos got me this google shirt, i'm wearing it today for my one month birthday. yesterday i laughed for the first time (with noise).

4 comments:

  1. LAUGH WITH NOISE . GREAT!!!
    I love to listen to it. I bet is fabulous!
    Abuelita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you inaya!! cutest baby ever! btw, don't forget that you LOVE to wear socks on your hands =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE
    lil googler!
    yawning so big!

    and she's looking at collette's sudo shirt like, ammu, what are you doing?

    soooooooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does Allen have Inaya sitting upside down already?? ;)

    ReplyDelete