Friday, January 30, 2009

4.5 months!










This week was fun. I went for loooong walks with Ammu every day after she came back from school. We bought lots of pirated movies including Curious Case of Ben Button since we couldn't watch that with the rest of the family in Huntsville over Christmas! We also got The Reader, Bride Wars, Doubt, Penelope, and Australia. My neighborhood is so nice. There are trees everywhere with lemons, limes, and oranges growing on them. There are also 4 parks. One is a kids park, one is a lovers park, one is just for resting on the way to something else, and one is for kids+people working out. We go to all of them. We buy juice, pineapple, coconuts, tacos, tamarind...unfortunately I don't get to eat any of it. Well, not directly anyway...

Today I went to the Zocalo and also to the big market. Ammu bought a new carrier for me. I loved the old blue one I had that my BORO Nanu gave me but I'm starting to (1) get heavy and (2) I've been ready to face forward foreva-eva and I can't comfortably do it in the blue one. Here's a pic of me in my new carrier, I love it. I can face out and see the world - which I did all day today. Ammu put me in it as soon as she bought it, the man in the store helped fit me in and tightened the straps just right. Then when I got exhausted Ammu turned me around so I could bury my face in her and fall asleep on the metro ride home! 

I've been trying to fall asleep earlier and earlier lately. I need about 12 hours of sleep at night. In Chicago I was going to sleep at 11pm and waking up at around 10-11am. But since I've been in Mexico I started going to sleep at 10..then 9....then 7....and now 6! But it makes sense (to me) because Ammu gets up super early now, so I just want to get up at the same time as her. In Chicago she used to get up at 10 too! 

Here are some pics from our walks this week, from the market today, and taking a bath in the kitchen sink after I got home. They use a yellow bucket full of warm water, an empty strawberry yogurt container, and a red sponge! 


3 comments:

  1. You are lucky having so much fun seeing the world. I love your new sling and most of all now we can see your big smile. You so cute - janer tookra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whopper jr. i love your new earrings!!! i know it hurt very bad, but you will be so happy you have them when you are older :)

    it looks like you are having so much fun in mexico - i can't wait till we get to come visit you!!!

    p.s. are your dimples getting bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you miss carly. i know you like me because you love whopper jrs. you must have had like 3 of them over christmas break! hehehe LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete